- Carrera S coupe is available at Rs 1.82 crore
- Also. Cabriolet is available at Rs 1.99 crore
- New 911 Carrera S gets 3.0-litre turbo-charged flat-six engine.
- 911 gets new 8-speed PDK automatic transmission.
- Coupe does 0-100kmph in 3.7 seconds; Cabriolet takes 3.9 seconds.
- Porsche 911 Carrera S gets new touchscreen infotainment display.
- Wider front end, wider active rear spoiler and new LED light strip across
Premium performance car manufacturer, Porsche, has launched the eighth-generation 911 in India in two variants
– 911 Carrera S and the 911 Carerra S Cabriolet. The 2019 Porsche 911 Carrera S is available at Rs 1.82 crore. And, the 2019 Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet is available for Rs 1.99 crore (both ex- showroom, India).
While the latest 911 Carrera S retains its silhouette. The bonnet is now longer and gets sharp creases to make the car seem more aggressive. Of course, they will aid with the aerodynamics too. The front bumper has been redesigned to accommodate horizontal LED lights that also double up as turn indicators. The splitters have been moved to the edge and the overall track is wider by 45 mm. The round headlamps also gets revision LED treatment that looks modern.
The new Porsche 911 gets power from a 3.0- litre twin-turbocharged petrol engine. The engine generates an additional 30bhp over its predecessor. Consequently, it generates a total of 444bhp and 530Nm of torque. The upgraded engine comes mated to a new eight-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
The design of the dashboard is still neat and looks functional. But Porsche has slapped on a lot of modern gadgetry in here. To begin with, the three-spoke multi-function steering wheel looks good and offers functionality to receive calls and control the entertainment system while on the move. It also gets a button to shift through the various drive modes.